Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Story behind the Red Umbrella


Many of u must be wondering why was I sheltered with a red umbrella on my wedding? Well, not only u are asking that question. I've been asking several oldies that question, including my parents, and no one could give mi the answer. Some said it's to ensure i have a roof on top of me, some says it's just for luck. Others just tell me it's tradition. Geez.


Finally I got some answers today from an aunt. It seems tat there is a believe that a wedding chicken will come create havock as the bride leaves the parents house. thus, to appease n fend it off, out comes the red umbrella and some rice scattered to divert its attention. This is a typical Cantonese belief, not sure if other dialects have it though. So now we know!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 


designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com