Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Celebrations galore (PART 2)

There had been so much happening over the past wk. I'm rendered breathless. However, no matter how tiring it is, we have to push on. I decided to throw a party on the last day of CNY, known as "yuan xiao", it is also the Chinese Valentine's Day. What better way to celebrate by having love ones around you. The task however, was no where easy.

My grocery list. A big cheerful window lets in the morning sunshine, which saturates the room with its warmth that embraces us with light. Birds chirp outside, beckoning me to WAKE UP! at 745am, I was awake. The earliest yet, in 2010!
Headed to three different markets to get my stuff! Thanks to sweetie, who was entertained by his ipod touch and our new digi cam, I elbowed my way through the throngs of housewives as he sat in the comfort of the car, waiting patiently for me. I'm pretty surprised he didn't nag a bit. Had to get my fish curry powder from Marine Parade and majority of the fresh produce from Upper Changi market as it was a wee bit cheaper than Marine Parade and lastly headed to Sheng Siong for some awesome Manila La la!

I was doing good timing. By the time I got home, it was only 10+am. Took a breather and started washing and preping. This process took me 1.5hours! Guess I'm not that efficient?As prep workz continued after lunch, guess what sweetie was doing? Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Attempted to make tapioca nuggets for my Bo Bo Cha Cha, but failed miserably. The tapioca starch got all lumpy and the colouring stuck onto my nails! Erkkk!The gruelling task of cooking finally ended at 7pm. I had to cook two rounds of rice as my rice cooker was simply too small to accommodate such large appetites. At one point, I was multitasking like mad -- frying the chicken wings whilst marinating the fish and cooking the rice! My culinary and juggling skills were put to the test! But, this was a whole different league of awesomeness.

Look how much they have grown! The eldest of the three being 18! OMG!
*Billy's (daddy dearest) watching us monkeying around in the background...Billy really enjoyed the dinner. Am glad. Nothing matters more than him :)

After dinner activity -- LELONG LELONG! Managed to give away a whole lot of clothes to cousins. It really makes my day to see that my things go to someone who appreciate. Or at least I think they do. Biggest winner however was their maid who is sooo slim and busty, she put me to shame! She's the best helper yet! Well versed in English, Mandarin and Cantonese! Thank goodness she came along, otherwise, I'll be having a hard time clearing up the kitchen which was in a perpetual state of messiness!

Seeing the clothes that used to fit me however left me in a state of depression. I don't have a healthy sense of self. People around have waist artfully tapered while me, I can't seem to see my waist or what's left of it. There's only a layer of blubber hanging around my pudgy self. I sometimes secretly wish I can be sporting the latest bandage dress, but ALAS! With that I'd only accentuate my flaws. Appearance and grooming are quintessential, I KNOW! Given the immense pressure this consumerist world, obsessed with beauty, we probably have to take a step back and ask Is image really everything?

Image is how people perceive you and while perception is not always the truth, it often is what people depend on in deciding which products to buy, which company to invest in etc.

"THERE'S MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Image sometimes do not correlate to what lies beneath. Snide comments have been passed. The criticism received over CNY has hoodwink me into thinking that glamour is all that matters. But I'm just plain lazy. Getting out of bed is already a chore, what's more get myself to the gym. 3 yrs ago, I was leading the exact same lifestyle, yet my waistline peaked at its thinnest! 10 yrs ago, I was worse, booze and suppers galore. What happened? I was a size 2X, and now, the waist, despite still being in the twenties, is hovering dangerously towards the thirty zone! There can only be one reason -- AGING

I know that whining won't help. I habour the thought that perhaps at this point if I'm preggers, there'd be a legitimate reason for me to be fat! haha...Honestly, I'm disgusted and traumatised each time I see those spare tyres floating around! But seriously, I've done enough damage to my health and gastric in the past. With the current schedule, its' someitmes not within my control. I have autonomy over my life but yet, life is cruel at times. Sigh...

The harsh truth is that image can be everything and nothing at all. Thankfully, sweetie thinks that
"BEAUTY IS SKIN DEEP"!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 


designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com