Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pause, Play, Rewind

I must have amass 24 hours to perfection. Today is probably the busiest day in 2009 (according to the lunar calendar). everyone has only a finite number of hours a day, so how does one allocate or invest the given hours? It's a challenge as the Chinese New Year draws dangerously near!

The spring cleaning jamboree has been going on every night till midnight. Unlike many who would just give the table a wipe or ensure everything's stacked neatly, sweetie and I take pride in keeping our place clean. From a mere chopstick to every nook and cranny, we aim for attainment of perfection. The pain and tiresome feeling was replaced with joy of seeing the house spick and span. It's a bittersweet experience. now we are left with the toilets and floor. Not forgetting I have to make time to go over to MIL's (whom i have not seen in a mth!) place to pass her goodies. This year, mom bought her something too....boy, is that awkward coz the two women have never been close.

Though the day was filled with loads, I was looking fwd to it for unbeknownst to me, I had won 3rd prize in Vday competition organised by Asiaone.com. Woo hoo!! my entry on A & X's wedding won me some dining vouchers. Was hoping for the first prize where there's jewellery and more dining vouchers, but beggars can't be choosers. The fact that I've won is an affirmation of my literary skills -- that in itself is already an invaluable prize! It's timely for God to bless me with such luck for now we can celebrate Vday and my forthcoming birthday without a splurge! It's about time....the last time i won vouchers was 3 years ago! Remember the $8000 Cold Storage voucher fiesta? :) That was HUGE!

Like my new hairdo? Finally found time to visit M @ Orchard Central. Had to make my money's worth thus on came the bangs. Reaction were mixed. My boys hated it, whilst my girls had lukewarm feeling. generally kids gave me mediocre response whilst adults had nothing but praises :) One little boy had a violent reaction coz he said I reminded him of his mother who had recently cut her fringe too!! hahaha...

DIY time. Product -- LIESE; Verdict: GREAT! Been plagued with phobia since young due to an unsuccessful DIY attempt. However with technological advancement, LIESE has revolutionized the colouring process. It's so simple! Just creat foams and lather it on yr head. Keep it for 20-30mins (i was kiasu..kept it for 45mins to achieve a deeper tone) and VIOLA!

Sitting in my orange swan chair, oblivious to my snoring husband, I now have to find a reason to inspire me to get up in a few hours time. Need to get the car and toilet washed; send goodies to MIL's place and have reunion lunch at mom's. Chores are daunting, for that matter, so is CNY. The only thing I look fwd to is cladding on my new clothes! Two of which just arrived in the mail today! YEEPEE!

Anyway, this is probably gonna be the last post for the lunar year as I foresee myself being utterly busy the next couple of days. I leave you with some taboo on Chinese New Year:


  • Since everybody is in a festival mood under a joyful and hilarious atmosphere, people shouldn't argue each other. Also parents shouldn't scold or punish the children. Otherwise, you will have more argument in the new year.
  • Women shouldn't use knife or shear in the kitchen, which indicates evil, anger, danger and cutting out the luck. As a result, women don't cook new dishes on this day, people eat meals from the leftover.
  • Breaking dish plate, bowel or cup means bad money luck coming. In case that happens, then Chinese put all broken pieces in a round container until the coming trash day.
  • A married women shouldn't go back to her mother home, otherwise her mother family will get poorer.
  • To sweep the floor or dump the trash will take away the wealth and luck from the house.
  • Don't have a lunch nap at noon, otherwise people will be lazy year long.
  • To wash the hair will wash your good luck away.
  • Don't wear in black or white to visit friends, because black and white are funeral color in China
  • People shouldn't visit friend's house, if they have a family member newly past away.
  • Don't eat rice porridge in the morning breakfast, otherwise you won't get rich because only poor people eat rice porridge in the past.
  • Don't eat meat in the morning breakfast, because many gods who are vegetarians arrive New Year Day festival in the morning.
  • Don't wake up people by calling their names, otherwise that sleeping person needs people's push all year long.
  • Don't eat unnecessary medicine, otherwise you will become unhealthy this year.
  • Don't wash clothes, because New Year Day is the birthday of the god of Water.
  • If someone owes you money, do not ask for the money back on this day. Otherwise, you will do it often in the rest of the year.
  • Don't let people take anything away from your pocket or purse, because that's a sign of money loss in the yea
Strange as it seems, I'm a little reluctant to let 2009 leave. Time's moving too quickly! Pause for a moment to think what you have achieved. Pause, play and rewind. Hopefully the year of the tiger beckons more fortune and luck for me and I'm able emulate all accomplishments!

GONG XI FA CAI! HAVE A ROARING YEAR AHEAD!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 


designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com